This is an Accounting Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager. You will establish our company’s financial status by monitoring day-to-day accounting activities.
- Analyze accounting data and produce financial statements.
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Assign responsibilities and direct staff to ensure accounting compliance and accuracy.
- Coordinate annual audits and enforce proper Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Process month and end year process, general ledger, treasury, budgeting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, debt activity, etc.
- Train, manage, and schedule accounting staff and assistants/interns.
- Attend training to understand new Tax Compliance issues and information.
- Provide training for staff accountants regarding new legislation/compliance issues.
- Assist with Annual Audits and other internal/external projects.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience in accounting managing.
- Ability to lead and motivate an accounting team.
- Experience in managing big data and handling a variety of management tasks.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- CPA or other relevant certifications.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, accounting software and databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent.