This is an Android Developer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an Android Developer pioneer to join our team. This position offers an inspirational space to create the next innovation in mobile applications.
- Manage the full technical life-cycle of Android applications during each development phase.
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm about new products, provide each other with technical insight and review working drafts.
- Document and maintain design specifications, source code, and archives for new applications and ideas.
- Work with product managers, clients and sales teams to assess customer demand and usability of new applications.
- Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs to increase the functionality of new applications.
- Understand the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors.
- Obtain buy-in from leadership in order to secure resources for app development.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Knowledge of Android SDK, Eclipse, Android Studio and/or appropriate equipment and software.
- [X] year(s) of overall software development and/or Android software development experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience of creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing interfaces, and performance optimization.
- Working knowledge of Web Services & REST (JSON) APIs.
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Service or Git source code management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.