This is a Benefits Administrator job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a thorough Benefits Administrator. As the heart of Human Resources Team, you will administer employees rewards and benefits to increase employee satisfaction.
- Assess the needs of employees and develop plans to improve performance.
- Recommend compensation packages that provide the most value and stay in line with the company’s goals and culture.
- Implement multiple components of benefits programs.
- Manage the negotiation and renewal of benefits plans.
- Analyze benefits cost data to identify cost savings, trends, and best practices.
- Handle the collection, transfer, and security of benefits data.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal Employee Healthcare guidelines.
- Carry out administrative procedures required to maintain benefits.
- Determine long and short-term goals for the benefits administration team.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internally controlled processes.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Good command of software/database (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, HRIS, etc.) to complete administrative procedures.
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data.
- HIPAA and other relevant certifications.
- Knowledge of HR practices, compliance, health, and employee regulations.
- A proven track record of working as a benefits administrator or related roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Human Resources or equivalent.