This is a Chef job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are seeking a creative Chef whose passion is evident with each bite.
- Create new additions for the menu that meet the standards.
- Sustain the tasteful quality of existing dishes with fresh ingredients and cooking methods.
- Inspect food, supplies, and equipment, especially for foreign ingredients.
- Prepare ingredients and cook according to the menu sets on a timely manner.
- Maintain and document inventory levels on a daily basis.
- Order new supplies on a daily and weekly basis.
- Ensure kitchen (equipment) and other supplies are sanitized on a daily basis.
- Check food quality, taste, and presentation of all food prepared.
- Prepare special dishes for guests with special dietary needs and other requests.
- Collaborate with other sous chefs and kitchen staff.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to identify ingredients by taste and texture.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate tasks.
- A proven track record of working as a chef or relevant roles.
- Solid knowledge of cooking practices and trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Culinary or equivalent.