This is a Civil Engineer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an innovative and detail-oriented Civil Engineer to join our amazing team. This position allows you to grow with a strong company while using your skill set to build critical infrastructure.
- Discuss project needs with the team, clients, outside consultants and other stakeholders.
- Analyze critical data (e.g., site surveys, blueprints, soil samples, technical specifications, or building materials) with appropriate aides, tools, and software.
- Evaluate information to determine whether projects can be completed within the estimated time and costs.
- Use suitable softwares to track project time to completion, anticipate delays, and notify the appropriate personnel.
- Assess proposed sites for health, safety and legal requirements.
- Test construction materials to ensure their strength and resilience to stress factors.
- Use water flow rates, load, and grade requirements to govern design specifications.
- Inspect project sites regularly to assess progress, compliance with regulations, and
handle critical situations.
- Lead the professional and technical team in the event of structural repairs, design
changes, and other necessary diversions.
- Provide technical expertise.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to assess critical situations and make recommendations.
- [X] year(s) experience in civil engineering.
- Knowledge of standards and industry codes in the geographic region.
- Good command of visualization software like AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Civil Engineering or relevant fields.