This is a Database Administrator job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a professional Database Administrator. You will be responsible for security, performance, integrity, and backup of the database.
- Plan, develop, and troubleshoot user issues.
- Prepare users with informational trainings on how to use the database and solve problems.
- Design databases that are organized on the back-end and user accessible on the front-end.
- Translate usable designs into specific data models.
- Maintain standards in accordance with local laws (e.g. Data Protection Act).
- Run iterative tests for new versions of the database.
- Optimize database to provide fast query response while minimizing downtime.
- Obtain user feedback to update the database for security, efficiency, usability.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies (e.g. solutions, fixes, and patches).
- Ensure that users and other administrators are aware of best practices in order to maintain security.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- A proven track record of administrating database or relevant roles.
- Familiarity with database standards, design, and coding.
- Hands-on experience with APIs.
- Knowledge of data recovery, security, and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Knowledge of Unix and/or Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in IT, Computer Science, or relevant fields.