This is a Delivery Driver job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a responsible Delivery Driver. You will serve our customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Operate the delivery vehicle according to local traffic laws.
- Develop rapport with customers.
- Conduct one’s self in a professional manner.
- Manually transport packages from the vehicle into buildings, up flights of stairs, and down long hallways.
- Obtain signatures from package recipients when it is required.
- Report suspicious packages to the shift supervisor.
- Record successful deliveries in the shift report.
- Load truck with scheduled deliveries at the beginning of the shift.
- Unload and log unsuccessful deliveries at the end of each shift.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with no traffic violation records.
- Ability to work unsupervised. Good time management skills.
- Ability to carry at least [X] pounds.
- Ability to lift packages and perform of full range of physical motions while carrying heavy loads.
- Ability to operate tractors and forklifts under various circumstances.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application submission.