This is an Electrician job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We’re looking for an experienced Electrician. You will perform a myriad of functions, from maintenance to installation to evaluation of existing systems.
- Assemble, test, install, and maintain appliances, equipment, and fixtures.
- Diagnose the causes of system failures and/or malfunctioning systems.
- Connect wires to transformers, circuit breakers and other system components.
- Inspect equipment and electric systems for heavy wear and tear and/or defects.
- Advise the management team of critical systems that could be hazardous.
- Use measurement tools to test the continuity of circuits in electrical wiring and systems.
- Draft blueprints that display the position and orientation of critical system components, wiring, and circuitry.
- Connect power cables and equipment by installing ground leads.
- Perform manually taxing tasks, including digging ditches, lifting heavy equipment, and maintaining strenuous positions.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Certified Practitioner’s License or other appropriate licensing.
- A combined knowledge of building construction, mathematics, security and mechanics.
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship program.
- Take responsibility, have great attention to safety procedures and legal regulations.
- Knowledge of appropriate building and fire safety codes for the geography region.
- [X] year(s) experience as an electrician.
- High School Diploma or other education requirement for the position type.