This is an Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a responsible Health Safety and Environment Coordinator. You will be responsible for ensuring the organization complies with all environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Ensure that company policies adhere to local, state and federal regulations.
- Train employees on health and safety regulations and associated practices.
- Assess personnel and work space exposure to certain hazardous chemicals.
- Submit reports to Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and other relevant organizations.
- Perform regular audits to ensure the company is prepared to submit the appropriate document to defend lawsuits or other unique circumstances.
- Encourage employees to choose practices that will contribute to a safer work environment.
- Advocate for safer work equipment, materials and supplies (e.g. hard-hats, steel toed shoes).
- Track the increase/decrease of on-the-job accidents from year to year.
- Attend seminars/workshops that discuss new regulations and safe practices.
- Work with legislators and politicians to support key local legislation.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Ability to perform audits, write, and submit reports.
- Appropriate licensure and certification for the geographic region.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] year(s) experience working with Health, Safety and/or Environmental policy.
- [X] degree in Environmental Health or relevant fields.