This is an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We’re looking for a professional Environmental Health and Safety Engineer. You are able to maintain and manage environmental health and safety in the industry.
- Supervise and coordinate all safety and environmental functions according to corporate policy to ensure compliance with Department of Natural Resources and all related local regulations.
- Execute excellent safety and environmental practices on a daily basis.
- Mitigate effluent discharge that may adversely impact the environment.
- Ensure that facility operations and procedures are in accordance with the Spill Act and other applicable laws.
- Ensure a safe work environment and that all practices are in compliance with company and government’s regulations.
- Audit and inspect equipment to make sure their operation is within manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Produce and submit necessary government reports.
- Initiate and implement safety and environmental training programs for all personnel.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience as an environmental health and safety engineer in related industry.
- Thorough understanding the ISO 14001 program.
- Knowledge of routine medical assistance.
- Knowledge of municipal, state and federal, environmental laws and requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Environmental Engineering or relevant fields.