This is an Event Coordinator job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are searching for a vivacious and energetic Event Coordinator. You have a bubbly personality and strong work ethic to organize high-quality events.
- Coordinate the marketing efforts for each event.
- Develop relationships with long-term vendors for food and drink and other bulk purchases.
- Proofread print materials, including name tags, programs, banners, and flyers.
- Provide hands-on leadership on-site during the event to solve logistical problems.
- Maintain budget and use corporate account to make payments to vendors.
- Report total event cost summaries at the end of each event, weekly, or monthly.
- Develop partnerships to secure reasonably priced event spaces and locations.
- Lead event preparation efforts (e.g. fill balloons, cut badges, decorate the space, catering, guest list, equipment) and manage all deliverables within deadlines.
- Facilitate post event wrap-up and clean up.
- Adhere to legal, health and safety regulations.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Superb organizational skills and critical eye for detail.
- Ability to develop network of functional partnerships.
- [X] year(s) experience in Event Coordination or Management.
- Ability to problem solve critical issues in a timely fashion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Event Management or relevant fields.