This is an Event Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are searching for an Event Manager with a magnetic personality. You can handle large scale events/projects while facing the pressure of deadlines.
- Oversee the coordination of event marketing and planning efforts.
- Develop relationships with clientele and corporations who can provide event space and supplies.
- Determine customized marketing strategy for each event.
- Use a creative eye to decide the decoration for spaces, flyers, palm cards and other materials.
- Negotiate with vendors to decrease event costs.
- Facilitate take-away meetings with Event Planning team to develop best practices and examine any problems.
- Define event attendee value proposition to pinpoint ticket prices.
- Report overall event costs to the management team.
- Propose ideas and changes for new events to attract attendees and increase attendee value.
- Use a Customer Relationship Database to manage client/attendee/customer contact information.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Outstanding ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to leverage a network of functional partnerships.
- [X] year(s) experience in Event Coordination or Management.
- Ability to troubleshoot critical issues in a timely fashion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Event Management or relevant fields.