This is a Facilities Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager. You will manage inventory, repairs, employers, and contractors at multiple locations.
- Plan and coordinate all building-related activities like waste disposal, recycling, and others.
- Ensure that security systems are effective for each location.
- Preserve the good condition of facilities and ensure their compliance with health and safety standards.
- Keep track of inventory items and document shrinkage, spoilage and/or a change of location.
- Communicate the need for equipment repairs to the management team.
- Supervise contractors and vendors when the facility is in use.
- Evaluate proposals from vendors to determine whether they meet cost and technical requirements.
- Respond quickly to the emergency need for repairs and other consultations.
- Negotiate opportunities to rent facilities to outside contractors at fixed rates.
- Follow up with contractors to ensure that repairs, or other work has been completed according to the appropriate specifications.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Knowledge of contracting, procurement, and proposal processes.
- Experience with the security and maintenance of large facilities.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and/or other appropriate certifications.
- [X] year(s) experience in facilities management or relevant roles.
- Good analytical thinking and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate software, equipment and security systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Facility Management, Engineering, or relevant fields.