This is a Financial Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a credible Financial Manager. You will oversee all budgeting activities and strategies to ensure senior management’s well-informed decisions.
- Monitor budget development, forecasts, compensation planning, variances justification, and expense control.
- Provide timely strategic financial statements to senior management.
- Lead the development of operating budgets and make resource allocation recommendations to senior staff.
- Liaise with budget holders to support financial modeling, forecasting, and close processes.
Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes.
- Test, enhance, and maintenance reporting tools and systems.
- Ensure all associates in the department adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience in a similar role.
- Experience in researching and understanding SEC rules and GAAP.
- A proven track record of working with external auditors on audit issues.
- The ability to lead staff to drive projects to success.
- Experience in MS Office, Oracle, Essbase, and other financial applications.
- CPA certification is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.