This is a General Practitioner job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are seeking a experienced General Practitioner (GP). You will ensure our patients’ best health conditions by diagnosing, treating diseases, and recommending actions to prevent re-occurrence of illnesses.
- Administer treatments to care for injured patients.
- Seek to stabilize critical patients.
- Discuss side-effects, best conditions for use, and possible interactions of medication.
- Coordinate care with nurses, technicians, and other medical staff.
- Read, review and update patient charts.
- Train medical students.
- Participate in research studies commissioned by the hospital board.
- Accommodate rotating shifts and work flexible schedules.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience working as a Medical Practitioner.
- Excellent patient management skills.
- Ability to make decisions in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to adhere to a professional code of ethics.
- Familiarity with journal review process.
- Completion of residency and state licensure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- MBBS qualification or equivalents.