This is a Head Chef job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a passionate Head Chef. You will lead a team of food specialists and sous chefs to ensure our food maintain the highest quality.
- Design menus that enhance customers’ culinary experience while keeping up high quality.
- Submit cost proposals for menu items.
- Check batches of food items that are prepared weekly to ensure quality.
- Track purchases of small items that are locally sourced.
- Provide feedback regarding the food quality of bulk purchases.
- Ensure that all food preparation is in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Design standardized food presentation guidelines for each dish.
- Monitor inventory levels of commonly used items.
- Look for ways to reduce spoilage of infrequently used items.
- Hire, train, and manage staff about proper kitchen sanitization methods.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience as a Head Chef.
- Ability to track expenses and manage a budget.
- Licensure from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or other certifying agency.
- Ability to manage a specialized team.
- Strong passion for the art of food design.
- Culinary Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.