This is a Home Health Aide job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a reliable Home Health Aide. You will deliver high-quality personal care services, especially care for elderly patients.
- Prepare meals according to dietary needs.
- Wash soiled clothes and bed linens.
- Bathe, wash, shampoo the clients as well as provide assistance with other hygiene needs.
- Ensure that clients take medication at scheduled times.
- Document any changes in care (e.g. meal times, medication frequency).
- Communicate any challenges, such as: medication side-effects, necessary equipment, and/or equipment failure.
- Develop a relationship with the clients and create a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Facilitate any activities that may decrease the deterioration of the client’s condition.
- Regularly check the patient for temperature, respiration, skin ailments, and other condition.
- Support transportation and assist clients to doctors or hospitals when needed.
- Provide verbal/written shift reports to family members, doctors and other members of the care team.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience as a Home Health Aide.
- Ability to monitor and examine patients.
- Strong knowledge of nutrition and personal hygiene.
- Patient and calm demeanor.
- Bonded and/or insured.
- Valid driver’s license and first aid training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- Appropriate certification for the geographic region (e.g. CNA, GNA, CPR).