This is a Hotel Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to help create a comfortable environment for our family of guests.
- Hire, train, manage, and schedule hotel staff (e.g. in the area of cleaning, maintenance, service, and food preparation).
- Handle customer feedback and complaints in a responsive manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with headquarters for weekly/monthly inspections, staffing and vendor needs.
- Manage the ordering of supplies and equipment (e.g. bedsheets, soap, curtains).
- Ensure that hotel guests are welcomed into a clean, friendly, and service-oriented environment.
- Manage the electronic and cash transactions; to include, petty cash, merchant processing equipment, online booking systems and cash drawers.
- Accommodate conferences/large meetings for corporate and business clients along with the special needs of other large parties (e.g. weddings, family reunions, special interest groups).
- Be responsive to any situations that require immediate action (e.g. water heater blow out, blockage in the ventilation system, safety compliance issues).
- Analyze seasonal booking trends to help determine nightly rates and/or discounts.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A proven track record of managing various hospitality tasks.
- Solid knowledge of hospitality management practices, regulations, and guidelines.
- High ability to make decisions and solve problems under pressure.
- [X] year(s) experience in hotel management or related field.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Hospitality Management or relevant fields.