This is an IT Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a solid Information Technology Manager (IT Manager). You will be responsible for managing and recommending changes to improve our IT infrastructure.
- Hire, train and manage departmental staff, including help-desk agents, programmers and developers.
- Direct research into the feasibility of major changes/overhaul for system infrastructure.
- Develop and facilitate company relevant trainings for the departmental staff.
- Write and submit price proposals for new technology needs.
- Track and assure that monthly expenditures are within the budget.
- Review newly programmed computer fixes and patches.
- Assist with troubleshooting complex technological problems.
- Lead disaster recovery efforts and preparation.
- Conduct system audit and/or large scale system load tests.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- A blend of hardware and software skills along with the ability to work with vendors, subordinates, and other managers.
- Ability to lead and manage large technical teams.
- Strong knowledge about the industry’s best practices, information analysis, and data management.
- Product or Technical Certifications (e.g. A+, CCNA, Cyber Security).
- [X] year(s) experience in Information Technology management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.