This is an IT Technician job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are seeking a service oriented Information Technology Technician (IT Technician). You will install, maintain, and train users so that our systems and networks can reach highest efficiency.
- Develop a familiarity with all internal hardware/software systems and local networks.
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware/software (e.g. viruses, intrusion software, system overload, storage space issues).
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance activities with appropriate timing.
- Maintain inventory and physical location of all hardware devices.
- Provide feedback to Information Technology Manager regarding possible solutions to reoccurring issues and complex technical issues.
- Format/configure new workstations with computers and other devices.
- Train users about how to properly use and maintain company issued equipment.
- Recommend strategies to prevent downtime.
- Work with Network Administrator to develop best practices to increase network security.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Sound knowledge of computer hardware/software, internet security, privacy, networks, and operating systems.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to train internal users.
- Product or Technical Certifications (e.g. A+, CCNA, Cyber Security) is a plus.
- [X] year(s) experience working as an IT Technician or relevant roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant fields.