This is a Janitor job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a diligent Janitor. You will facilitate great work happening in our building by keeping all the spaces clean.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies, and submit requests for replacement supplies.
- Dust windows, door frames, shelves, baseboards, books and other stagnant items.
- Wash windows, sweep, mop and buff floors.
- Setup the appropriate signage to warn customers of wet floors and other hazardous situations.
- Sanitize cleaning equipment after each shift.
- Communicate with store owners about broken items and spoiled merchandise identified while cleaning.
- Alert managers in case of damaged properties.
- Open up and lock up the store before/after cleaning.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Ability to handle industrial cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to wash high windows.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, including procedures for sanitizing bathrooms.
- High school diploma.