This is a Journalist job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a dynamic Journalist. You will contribute to society by providing critical information up to the minute.
- Research frequently for interesting news aligned with the themes at hand.
- Travel to on-site locations for immediate news coverage.
- Coordinate with camera crew and other staff to capture the best overview.
- Develop relationships with news informants.
- Speak to live witnesses on the scene of breaking news.
- Make and document notes and recordings.
- Compile testimonies and footage from multiple interviews to create a story.
- Edit interviews and other data for inclusion in the final story.
- Ensure that final pieces do not contain sensitive or personally identifiable information.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience working as a journalist or reporter.
- A strong portfolio of published articles.
- Super command of the [X] language, verbal, written ability, and knowledge of grammar structure.
- Excellent communication and observation.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and cross-check information.
- [X] degree in Journalism or relevant fields.