This is a Legal Secretary job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a pro-active Legal Secretary. You will assist attorneys with support for legal cases as well as administrative tasks.
- Research and verify case intelligence.
- Preparation of documents required for litigation (e.g. trial preparation, Note of Issue).
- Manage the office calendar, schedule depositions.
- Handle correspondence of all types (e.g. written, electronic, in-person, and/or phone).
- Prepare client invoices.
- Organize travel arrangements, including booking hotels and airline tickets.
- Complete time sensitive materials with the required urgency.
- Coordinate audio/video and other equipment for virtual meetings and conferences.
- Utilize the document management system to file paperwork appropriately.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience working as a Legal Secretary.
- Familiarity with the rules of court litigation.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Ability to type [X] words per minute.
- Excellent multitasking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- Legal Secretary certification of diploma.