This is a Loan Officer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a diligent Loan Officer. You will work with bank customers to evaluate financial information for loan approval or rejection in a timely manner.
- Check loan applications for all of the required attachments and documentation.
- Evaluate loan applications for approval/rejection by interviewing applicants and consulting applicable metrics.
- Counsel applicants on reasons for loan rejection and answer any questions.
- Obtain signatures, and any other documentation after loans are approved.
- Find opportunities to promote different loan services to potential customers.
- Offer alternative loan products to customers that may be more appropriate.
- Use electronic database to confirm loan eligibility.
- Adhere to guidelines, laws, and regulations.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Good command of banking software/tools.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle client information in a secure and sensitive manner.
- [X] year(s) experience working as a Loan Officer or relevant roles in banking.
- Certification and Licensure appropriate for the geographic region.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Finance or relevant fields.