This is a Loan Processor job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an accountable Loan Processor. You will work with individual customers as well as businesses to process financial loans.
- Appraise loan applications from potential clients.
- Evaluate applicant loan eligibility by conducting background research and interviews after they have submit an application.
- Explain the critical steps of the application process to loan applicants.
- Collaborate with other finance professionals (e.g. brokers, underwriters and operational staff) to build a credible referral network.
- Suggest different types of loans to potential clients based on their needs.
- Develop trust and gain buy-in from clients.
- Ensure that loans are processed in accordance with Federal regulations.
- Finalize loan contracts with new clients.
- Educate new clients about what they should do in case of default, bankruptcy, or a need to restructure payment terms for any reason.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience working as a loan processor.
- Familiarity with Loan Processing Software, databases and other appropriate software.
- Commitment to delivering excellent service to customers.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent ability to spot inconsistencies or possible fraud.
- Excellent sales and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Finance or relevant fields.