This is a Logistics Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a seasoned Logistics Manager. You are skilled in various methods of process engineering, process improvement and supply chain management.
- Analyze existing supply chain for inefficiencies and make recommendations.
- Ensure that especially large and/or complex shipments arrive safely.
- Use software systems to track spoilage, loss, shrinkage and damaged inventory.
- Perform annual analysis on performance metrics to identify areas of improvement.
- Train shipping staff about strategies for decreasing waste.
- Review inventory and logistics reports for accuracy.
- Recommend updates to equipment and software that will improve supply flow and delivery time.
- Establish communication between different suppliers, manufacturers, retailers.
- Implement customer requirements for special orders.
- Guarantee compliance with policies and procedures for health and safety.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience in Logistics/Supply Chain Management.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate analytical/statistical/logistics software.
- Ability to analyze Big Data.
- The ability to manage resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or relevant fields.