This is a Medical Assistant job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a dedicated Medical Assistant. You will support operations and medical office administration to provide premier care to our patients.
- Complete patient intake procedures (e.g. take blood pressure, weight, height, check medical history)
- Collect specimens from patients (e.g. blood and urine samples) and prepare them for testing.
- Assist practitioners with patient examinations.
- Schedule patient appointments for returning and new patients.
- Help patients complete detailed medical history forms.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Collect, file and enter HIPAA forms
- Ask patients about any allergies or sensitivities to medications.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- A proven track record of working as a Medical Assistant.
- Ability to work with sensitive client information.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Medical Assistant, HIPAA, Phlebotomy certification, or other relevant training for the position and geographic location.