This is a Neonatologist job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a passionate Neonatologist. You will help us provide care to new born babies in their greatest time of need.
- Review reports about pre-natal features and/or abnormalities from OB/GYNs.
- Lead a specialized team to provide care for premature births and newborns with birth defects or serious illnesses.
- Develop specialized treatment plans on a case by case basis.
- Work with nutritionists to provide dietary plans for newborns in the critical care unit.
- Stabilize newborns after cesarean sections or other traumatic births.
- Provide outpatient follow-up care for critical patients.
- Consult with families about patient conditions and provide recommendations for care.
- Evaluate the severity of newborn illnesses and/or deformities.
- Follow-up with pediatricians for long-term care.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Specialization in traumatic births in newborns.
- Ability to communicate with specialists and families.
- Excellent patient management skills.
- Licensed practitioner in the State of [X].
- Residency completion in a maternity unit or related setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- Medical degree.