This is a Network Administrator job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a thorough Network Administrator. You will be responsible for the design, organization, modification, and installation of the company’s computer systems.
- Maintain secure and efficient network operation.
- Install Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Evaluate network performance issues such as usage, availability, latency and utilization.
- Confer with users and Management team to establish network specifications.
- Perform network maintenance activities (e.g. updates, firewall selection and installation).
- Troubleshoot network connectivity and other issues.
- Teach users about best practices for network usage and maintenance.
- Work with vendors, technicians, and leadership team to select system upgrades.
- Test, develop and evaluate enhancements to the network.
- Manage the use and upkeep of critical hardware associated with network performance.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience working as a Network Administrator.
- Ability to work with a team of technical and non-technical professionals.
- Hands-on experience working with systems that interact with the network (e.g. computers, printers, peripherals).
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills.
- Outstanding problem solving ability.
- Certification training in Network Administration.
- [X] degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.