This is a Network Engineer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are seeking a competent Network Engineer. You will maintain the integrity of server systems while ensuring fast and powerful interconnectivity between local and remote office workers.
- Proactively configure and install regular network fixes to improve various issues.
- Lead installation, migration, build and upgrade of critical infrastructure.
- Perform configuration analyses.
- Coordinate with CISCO, technicians, and other vendors for critical assistance.
- Provide recommendations to the Management team regarding solutions for Data Backup.
- Establish policies for the use of the Network.
- Ensure security by monitoring network access and other methods.
- Perform audits of IP addresses and host devices.
- Communicate with other members on the Technology Management team.
- Design unique system solutions for each department.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- In-depth knowledge of network components and peripherals, as well as considerate of work flow processes.
- Knowledge of CISCO products, Nexus products, administration, and networking protocols.
- Certification (e.g. CCNP, Professional/Expert level Certification)
- [X] year(s) experience as a Network Engineer.
- Ability to provide timely updates and maintenance to critical hardware systems.
- Desire to continually improve network performance.
- [X] degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.