This is a Network Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a capable Network Manager. You will lead a highly technical team and utilize a variety of skills in Network Administration, coding, build-out, management and budgeting.
- Design efficient and functional network systems.
- Manage servers, network applications, and network resources.
- Recommend equipment or supplies that would enable the network to function more efficiently.
- Respond to emergency situations in a timely manner to decrease downtime.
- Ensure the completion of routine maintenance procedures.
- Prepare other related documents (e.g. policies and procedures, reports, budget requests, system level procedures, network configurations).
- Present feasibility reports (including expense list) to the Management team when considering large purchases.
- Develop strong relationships with vendors, Network Administrators, and service Providers.
- Perform periodical analyses of network.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Ability to manage full-scale infrastructure development, build, implementation projects.
- Ability to lead a team of IT Professionals.
- Ability to handle a variety of challenging problems.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Certification in Networking (e.g. MCSE, CICSO CCNA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Computer Science or equivalents.