This is a Network Technician job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a professional Network Technician. You will be responsible for the installation, modification, and maintenance of multiple aspects of LAN and WAN in a corporate environment.
- Offer hands-on support for CISCO equipment, Voice/Data communications, and network peripherals.
- Contribute to the implementation of network systems at multiple locations.
- Monitor and control the performance of the communication network.
- Facilitate routine tests and analyses of the network, including critical equipment, and related hardware/software items.
- Investigate performance problems of the network.
- Respond to requests for help by offering virtual and/or hands on support.
- Diagnose problems related to internal circuitry.
- Work with location managers on site to determine feasibility and costs associated with equipment replacement.
- Work with Network Manager, Administrator, and other Technicians to solve more complex issues.
- Prescribe procedures for the use of equipment that will reduce the risk of a security breech.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Experience with the configuration of Cisco data center, enterprise routers, and switches.
- [X] year(s) of hands-on experience in network support.
- Experience configuring, Cisco data center/enterprise routers/switches, LAN/WAN networks, voice gateways, and deploying IP phones.
- Great analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s in or other related fields.
- [X] degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant fields.