This is a Neurologist job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an expert Neurologist. You will help change the lives of a growing number of patients with diseases of nervous system.
- Examine patients who display signs such as coordination problem, muscle weakness, sensitive to hot or cold temperatures.
- Diagnose patients with diseases that affect the nervous system.
- Prescribe medication for seizures, Encephalitis, Meningitis, and Alzheimer’s disease among others.
- Assess the severity of spinal cord disorders, and other deformities.
- Recommend alternative treatments from different philosophies for autoimmune disorders.
- Provide pain management treatments for patients with severe headaches and/or migraines.
- Examine results from lumbar punctures, Tensilon Tests, and Electroencephalograms.
- Administer computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) tests, and positron emission tomography (PET scans).
- Collaborate with nurses and technicians to provide critical care.
- Review patient medical history.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Specialization in neuromuscular pathology.
- Knowledge of alternative evaluative tests and treatments.
- [X] year(s) experience as a Neurologist.
- Excellent communication and patient management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- A Medical Degree and licensing in the appropriate region.