This is a Pharmacist job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an experienced Pharmacist. You will prepare appropriate medicinal drugs for patients and engage the community about disease prevention.
- Dispense medication to patients according to their prescriptions and needs.
- Offer advice about uses for medication, adverse reactions, and interactions.
- Facilitate screenings for health and wellness (e.g. blood pressure tests).
- Call physicians to verify prescription information and provide information about interactions.
- Administer flu shots and other vaccines.
- Complete forms to verify specific information for insurance purposes.
- Maintain full control and records of shipments and inventory.
- Keep the pharmacy organized and in order.
- Adhere to applicable law, regulations, and procedures.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Advise patients in accordance with a professional code of ethics.
- In-depth knowledge of chemical compounds and dosage administration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great command of MS Office and pharmacy software/systems.
- [X] year(s) experience in Pharmacy.
- Successful completion of the Pharmacist Licensure Exam.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, or relevant fields.