This is a Police Officer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a dedicated Police Officer. You will help us make the city safe, change lives, and be a role model for the youth.
- Utilize community policing strategies.
- Make arrest as needed.
- Patrol the beat within the assigned district.
- Represent the department while attending neighborhood watch meetings.
- Assist in public safety efforts for parades, marches, and demonstrations.
- Interview crime witnesses.
- Verify information provided by witnesses and produce reports.
- Complete the required administrative paperwork and procedures.
- Work with the noise enforcement patrol on a bi-weekly basis.
- Respond to distress calls when dispatched.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Graduation from the training academy.
- Good communication and decision making skills.
- Valid driving license.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to uphold the law, and serve the community with integrity.
- High School Diploma.