This is a Procurement Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager. You will be responsible for purchases of inventory and equipment that are essential to our company’s operations.
- Make relationships with vendors in the industry.
- Compare proposals for price and specifications.
- Negotiate with vendors to reduce costs.
- Understand the applicable legal procedures when purchasing overseas products.
- Review contract specifications on behalf of the company.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure that the product arrives in a timely fashion.
- Build lasting relationships with critical suppliers.
- Manage technological systems that track the shipment, inventory and supply of materials.
- Determine ways to build value and decrease waste.
- Get information about changing industry trends.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Ability to collect and analyze data efficiently.
- [X] year(s) experience working as a Procurement Manager or relevant roles.
- Strong acumen for negotiation.
- Familiarity with contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or relevant fields.