This is a PR Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a dedicated Public Relations Manager (PR Manager). You will ensure that the public communications of our company align with industry/regulatory standards and display the company in a positive light.
- Review promotional and marketing materials for the proper word usage and tone.
- Review the content in press releases and media kits.
- Ensure that the corporate image is maintained frequently.
- Oversee content communicated on the website and social media outlets.
- Design effective communication policies and media relations programs, including strategy, budget, and goals.
- Find high-quality media placements in print, broadcast, and online.
- Fulfill requests for information from the media, the public, and/or law enforcement.
- Maintain relationships with local government, politicians, and journalists.
- Hire, train, and manage subordinates on the public relations team.
- Write content for speeches, hearings, and other legally sensitive engagements.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience working in public relations.
- A proven track record of managing successful PR campaigns.
- Strong knowledge and connections in all type of media.
- Ability to quickly review large amounts of written content.
- Ability to build and develop strong relationships.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of sensitive communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Communication, Marketing, or relevant fields.