This is a Purchasing Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a thorough Purchasing Manager. You will source the top equipment and services with the best deals and manage our vendors.
- Design and manage sourcing and purchasing strategies.
- Negotiate with vendors to decrease prices for reoccurring, whole sale purchases.
- Implement agreed solutions from cost-effectiveness strategies.
- Review proposals from/interview new vendors.
- Ensure that contract specifications conform to pricing models and fit within the company’s best interest.
- Track and analyze company spending trends on a monthly basis.
- Manage the recruitment, hiring and training of the purchasing team.
- Hold weekly meetings to inform the purchasing team of new project specifications.
- Liquidate, sell, and/or recycle inventory that is obsolete.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) of experience in Purchasing Management, or other experience that requires high stakes negotiation.
- Superb communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of methods for budgeting, managing inventory, and vendor management.
- General knowledge of finance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or relevant fields.