This is a Retail Buyer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a capable Retail Buyer. You will be in full charge of selecting and buying products of the highest quality for our company.
- Research consumer buying patterns and trends.
- Review the levels of the sales discounts that are offered on a quarterly basis.
- Negotiate contract terms with suppliers for the best deals.
- Monitor stock levels and schedule purchasing accordingly.
- Use surveys to collect feedback from customers.
- Adjust stock levels to account for changes in demand.
- Produce sales reports and adjust purchasing plans.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Undying drive to excel in the retail industry.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- [X] year(s) experience in the retail business.
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis, and methods for evaluating customer demand.
- Great command of MS Office and applicable purchasing software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Business Administration or relevant fields.