This is a Retail Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a thorough Retail Manager. You will handle day-to-day store operations as well as higher level tasks that offer insight on the industry.
- Collaborate with store security guard to investigate any suspicious activity.
- Meet with subordinates to provide updates about critical store-related information and delegate tasks.
- Train store employees on corporate policies and procedures.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
- Set and work towards sales goals and budget.
- Use the appropriate software to keep track of inventory losses and/or shrinkage.
- Work with Inventory Loss Analyst to make improvements that can reduce or prevent inventory loss.
- Work with analyst to review profit and loss figures (P&L).
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Reliability and dependability are critical traits.
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- [X] year(s) experience in retail and management.
- Solid knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Business Administration or relevant fields.