This is a Sales Director job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a strategic Sales Director. You will take full charge of creating and implementing all sales strategies to achieve revenue growth.
- Develop annual sales quotas for regions and territories in accordance with established sales objectives and forecasts.
- Project sales volume and profit for current and future products.
- Create field sales action plans for national sales programs.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by studying market trends.
- Establish and adjust prices by examining costs, competition, supply and demand.
- Schedule and assign employees to meet national sales operational requirements.
- Recruit, select, orient, and train employees in support of national sales staff.
- Monitor staff performance. Appraise, plan, and review job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational conferences, reviewing trade publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Accomplish related goals as needed in support of the team effort.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding established sales goals.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding ability to communicate with executive and the C-suite.
- An extensive network of clients and customers developed the years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Business Administration or relevant fields.