This is a School Counselor job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an experienced School Counselor. You will help our students benefit from academic, career, and social guidance.
- Develop and implement effective counseling programs.
- Facilitate annual meetings with each student to discuss possible career interests.
- Prioritize follow up sessions with grieving students.
- Write reports to document progress with students who visit more than twice per month.
- Contribute to the creation of Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for students who are struggling academically.
- Match students with internships, apprenticeship programs, and other resources.
- Develop relationships with each student.
- Discuss student progress in staff development meetings.
- Make recommendations to teachers and other staff about how to motivate students.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Knowledge of counseling procedures when working with young adults.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
- [X] year(s) experience working as a School Counselor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Education or relevant fields.