This is a Security Officer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a capable Security Officer. You will ensure the safety of our employees and guests.
- Perform rounds of the facility on an hourly basis.
- Detect any potential threats such as vandalism and robbery.
- Intervene any threats and neutralize them as quick as possible.
- Check-in visitors and issue visitor passes.
- Maintain alertness for long periods of time.
- Recommend changes to outdated and/or ineffective security practices.
- Issue and collect keys from temporary staff and other personnel.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience working as a Security Officer or relevant roles.
- Knowledge of the local geographic area’s public safety guidelines.
- Excellent reflex and judgemental skills.
- Strong knowledge of surveillance equipment.
- Security officer registration.
- High School Diploma.