This is a Sourcing Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We’re looking for an experienced Sourcing Manager. You will be in full charge of managing our company’s sourcing activities.
- Manage various aspects of high volume sourcing projects within the manufacturing plant.
- Re-negotiating vendor contracts to favor the company.
- Provide management support for facilities.
- Participate on global teams to provide procedural consistency and exchange best practices.
- Develop strong, functional relationships with key suppliers.
- Perform annual analyses to evaluate overall cost savings after implementation of new strategies.
- Write complex documents such as Letters of Authorization (LOA) and Statements of Work (SOW).
- Follow industry professionals and organizations to maintain an awareness of best practices.
- Ensure that all practices are consistent with industry guidelines and regulations.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience as a Sourcing Manager or similar roles.
- Strong record of the ability to handle large contracts in manufacturing.
- Proficiency in applicable sourcing and vendor management software.
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- APICS or other related certification in Production and Inventory Management.
- [X] degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or relevant fields.