This is a Sous Chef job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a hard-working Sous Chef. You will manage food preparation and other odds and ends as they arise to support the culinary vision of our restaurant.
- Prepare large quantities of vegetables and meats.
- Transfer food from kitchen to buffet-style food warmers.
- Monitor ovens and baking racks to ensure that food does not burn.
- Create meal recommendations (e.g. wine suggestions for each dish).
- Re-organize cold storage freezers, as supplies are depleted, for easy access.
- Sanitize equipment each night before closing the kitchen.
- Communicate with purchasing managers to re-stock popular items.
- Practice food hygiene procedures.
- Maintain, lubricate and sanitize industrial cooking equipment.
- Collaborate with head chefs and other kitchen staff to ensure smooth operation.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience as a Sous Chef.
- No extreme food sensitivities (e.g. tree nuts, milks, shellfish).
- Solid knowledge of cooking methods and ingredients combinations.
- Quick problem solving skills.
- Passion for the culinary art.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Culinary or relevant fields.