This is a Supply Chain Engineer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a capable Supply Chain Engineer. You will be in full charge of supporting shared services and the Supply Chain team on multiple programs.
- Coordinate risk elimination actions with buyers, logistics, and analysts.
- Audit the capacity and quality of contracted suppliers.
- Compile and disseminate corrective action lists to the appropriate teams.
- Perform audits for new suppliers to assess manufacturing activities and logistics.
- Present evaluation reports from audits to the management team.
- Develop milestones and objectives for projects.
- Outline steps for the standardization of processes.
- Analyze supply chain, bottle necks, slack time, durability, repeatability, and other metrics.
- Work with software developer to create, test, and analyze customized software solutions.
- Prepare necessary technical drawings for production.
- Research new technologies and methods and apply them as needed.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience in Supply Chain or Logistics.
- Familiarity with quality engineering methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Hands-on experience with pneumatics, vacuum, process and damping technology, materials science.
- Strong knowledge of quality standards, production guidelines, business process, and document management.
- Result oriented, accurate, and open-minded.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Logistics, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant fields.