This is a Supply Chain Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a capable Supply Chain Manager. You will be in full charge of supporting shared services and the Supply Chain team on multiple programs.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams to ensure timely product delivery.
- Use metrics (e.g. turns, service levels, DOH, working capital) and implement automated solutions to streamline processes.
- Identify the need for adjustments to Distribution Requirement Plans (DRPs).
- Monitor Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) levels.
- Document step-by-step procedures for the supply planning process.
- Re-engineer best practices to improve productivity and reduce waste.
- Train the appropriate teams for the implementation of best practices.
- Collaborate with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to develop processes and select vendors for new products.
- Communicate best practices with regional and national supply management teams.
- Establish effective feedback loops between each process owner (e.g. vendors, suppliers, packers, and shippers) in the supply chain.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] Number of year(s) of experience as a Supply Chain Manager.
- Hands-on experience with sourcing and procurement.
- Strong skills with logistics computer programs.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance.
- Great understanding of Six Sigma methodologies, e-sourcing tools and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or relevant fields.