This is a System Security Engineer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a professional System Security Engineer. You will work with a team of hardware and software specialists to ensure that company data remains highly confidential.
- Assess system vulnerabilities by deploying penetration testing.
- Determine the sensitivity of the data in order to recommend the appropriate security needs.
- Develop proposals for, and consider cost effective equipment options to satisfy security needs.
- Build, deploy, and track security measurements for our computer systems and networks.
- Mitigate security vulnerabilities by implementing applicable solutions and tools.
- Communicate with the technical team, management team and users companywide if data security is breached.
- Design infrastructure to alert the technical team of detected vulnerabilities.
- Work with the technical team to recover data after a security breach.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) of experience in System or Cyber Security.
- In-depth knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Experience with networking, UNIX, TCP/IP, and common anti-viral solutions.
- Be up-to-date with the latest security development, techniques, and tools.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.