This is a Systems Engineer job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer. You will manage and maintain our software infrastructure with a team of talented engineers.
- Manage Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and related peripherals.
- Troubleshoot network protocols (DHCP, TCP/IP and DNS) on a frequent basis.
- Manage and secure and highly-performing workstation environments.
- Update/maintain asset management software.
- Identify and manage system degradation.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities.
- Create appropriate documentation and history logs.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the creation of training materials and reports.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- [X] year(s) experience in systems engineering.
- Hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux based environments, application stacks administration, virtualization, monitoring systems, automation software.
- VCP, CCNA or CCNP Certifications.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.