This is a Tax Manager job description template. Made for posting on job boards and careers sites. Feel free to edit and customize it.
We are looking for a professional Tax Manager. You will provide top-notch tax services and manage our company’s tax operations.
- Prepare state and federal income taxes for individuals.
- Build relationships with existing and new clients.
- Take care of tax planning, tax returns, and tax risks.
- Submit and prepare formal correspondence to the IRS.
- Continuously attend trainings to learn about new laws and filing methods.
- Supervise staff accountants.
- Write business proposals for potential clients.
- Organize teams with special skill-sets for more complex projects (e.g. audits).
- Lead teams for projects that require forensic analysis.
- Prepare and review budgets.
- [X] salary
- [X] vacation days
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Child and elder care
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional development
- Certified Tax Professional, Public Accountant, or other appropriate certifications for the geographic region.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of applicable software (e.g. Quickbooks, TaxPro, Excel).
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- [X] year(s) experience as a Tax Manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
- [X] degree in Accounting or relevant fields.